Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hair Identity Crisis


"The Flash" Wing
It's not a mid-life crisis but almost as serious is a HAIR Identity Crisis.
I never know what I want and once I've made a decision I see a different style/color/cut to make me change my mind - it is a constant battle I know all women (and possibly some men) are familiar with.
I am currently in the middle of a very painful hair transition.


I mentioned before that 2016 is my "year of transition", I'm growing out the undercut and struggling with going back to my natural roots - not so patiently waiting for my blonde to come back without damaging my hair has become excruciating to say the least. For a little hair history, I began coloring my hair darkest brown/black at the age of 20, so I've pretty much spent all of my 20s as a brunette. As for the undercut, I started shaving the left side of my head in 2011 and continued to do so until July of last year, which is also the same time I decided to stop coloring my locks. I've made it roughly six months. They say hair grows half an inch a month and I'd say my outgrowth is at about three inches give or take a little, I like to give.

Progression Photos:

My brunette to blond transformation:
 

 As you can see it was long and dark and then I chopped it thirteen inches or so and let it gradually do its thing as far as color. I'm trying to decide whether or not to help it along and strip the dark color out and keep it short to minimize damage. My roots always start of a light brown/dirty blonde and lighten as the sunshine gets to it (I am not a towhead). Of course, my roots appear darker when there's product in it or when it's dirty... and to be honest it's usually a mixture of product and dirty. Let's hear your two cents, I usually don't want it but I'm dying to know so help me out. Let it grow on it's own or help the blonde process along??


SHARE with everyone! You know how people like to give their opinions... and this time they're welcomed ;)

Til Next Time,
xx Ashley








Personal update: I got a job about a month ago at a corporate office for a holistic skin care line called Jurlique. I'm enjoying it and you all should check out their products #amazeballs. Also, starting a series of blog posts about "Places to get drunk with your man" - like when you feel like getting turnt up but don't want a whole group... OR your group of friends are being bums so it's just you two. Be on the look out!

LASTLY - Can I just say... At least I did post ONCE in January?
Haha, life is too hectic and I'm easily distracted by "shiny" things.

No comments:

Post a Comment