Thursday, March 17, 2016

With Her Nose Stuck In A Book


 "The Last Bookstore" is quite literally my favorite place in the world. 
Growing up as a kid with no cable might sound like a tragedy but I enjoyed my escape with my nose stuck in a book. Unfortunately I lost my desire to read while in college due to being forced to read tedious textbooks. In the last year, I've been able to pick up again in my neglected hobby thanks to this store. 

If you are anything like me you will fall in love with the novelty of this place. 
Bookshelves upon bookshelves, a book arch tunnel, the Labyrinth, a special vault for all my favorites like Stephen King, Dean Koontz and other authors of horror, suspense, murder and other worldly. Then there's the classics, historical fiction, celebrity biographies, children's, rare books - the list goes on, you could lose a whole afternoon roaming the aisles. In a world of technology with iPads and Kindles, I absolutely love being able to hold a physical book.

Our most recent haul
Besides the plethora of books, one section of the second floor is dedicated to art and creative shops. There are few art showrooms, displays and an area where occasional classes take place. Not only is it the Last Bookstore it is a place where the creative juices can flow.


If you are ever in Downtown Los Angeles, this place should be one of your stops.
You can thank me later.

 Share with me what you've been reading or dying to read in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment