Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"What We Do Is Secret" charity exhibit at Stone Malone Gallery






Greetings loved ones!

I fully intended to come back on yesterday evening and write a second post but my YouTube video was being extremely difficult and not uploading. Since I'm new to all the nonsense I may have broken some copyright rules but I think I fixed it now. I thought I could set a song to a clip without an issue as long as I gave credit... but I guess not? Not really sure how that works, if someone else does let me know! :)

Anyway, this post is about the amazing art show I went to on Saturday. My dear friend, Lucas Raynaud, from back home curated this show and it was amazing. Lucas partnered with another individual, who I unfortunately don't know there name but I have their instagram - @thegossipandthechoir. It was an incredible show with some unbelievably talented artists. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the crowd that was there. This type of art would be classified as what I would call street art or urban art; graffiti. It appeared that most of the artists used spray paints and acrylic paints for their pieces. Lucas did the woodwork for what each artists was given to use as a canvas, wood life-size spray cans and square backdrop. He also made 50 mini wooden spray cans for the first 50 guests who came that nigh...  I made sure I was one of them :)

What I loved most about this show wasn't only the fantastic artwork but that a portion of all sales are being donated to the charity, #HashtagLunchbag AND they were taking donations for PROJECT SMILE SOUTH CENTRAL, a community project dedicated to beautifying the neighborhoods of South Central Los Angeles with murals and artwork from world renowned artists to community children. They held a raffle for a book by Billboard Bandits as well to help with the charities. GUESS WHO was one of the lucky winners for that book?? YOURS TRULY! I got the text yesterday right after making my video, I was so excited haha!

If you are interested in seeing and/or purchasing any of the artwork the show is running from March 28, 2015 to April 11, 2015. They are having a closing night on 4/11 and there will be all new pieces up... I will definitely be in attendance! Location is:

Stone Malone Gallery                 
7619 1/2 Melrose Ave,
Los Angeles, California 90046 

That's all for now. Check out the video : Update & "What We Do Is Secret" at Stone Malone Gallery

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait for more from you Zanne, i need to hear from LA and whom better than you to hear it from?

    ReplyDelete