Monday, November 13, 2017

One year ago today...





I am a lover of most, if not all, animals. I grew up with MANY pets -- dogs, cats, turtles, rats, lizards, fish, bunnies, etc. Though my favorite has always been cats... I know, I know. They're evil little demons who will eat your face if you die alone in your house while your dog will starve to death before they ever think of doing such a thing. Well... survival of the fittest I say! LOL.

But seriously, this is the story of my first pet adoption as an adult and how Cider was the chosen. I really wanted a cat and our apartment unfortunately doesn't allow dogs so we spent time looking for adoption centers. We searched for two weeks and for some reason it was legitimately hard to find a place in our area that actually had a decent selection to choose from. Finally I came across Adopt & Shop Culver City (click to learn more) and I was thrilled to see so many kittens and cats. The staff was so wonderful and helpful from the moment we walked in. The facility was clean and had plenty of "play rooms" for potential pet parents to spend some time with the babies. We played with about 5-6 different kittens hoping to find that one playful, friendly and hopefully not skittish cat. Having liked all of them but none standing out I was thinking we'd have to come back another day BUT I noticed some back cages with a litter of kittens in each and then ONE little baby by herself. Apparently she had had a cold but she was all better so we could play with her. 

We played with her and she was playful and like climbing into our laps so we told her to "meow" if she wanted to come home with us, she climbed up to us and let out the cutest little mew -- she was the winner ;) We kept the name the center gave her because it just seemed to fit and she's been such a great addition to our home bringing joy all year... except at 4am when she decides to run track across the living room but you know, CATS. 

If you're looking to adopt I recommend checking out one of the many Adopt and Shop locations, they're amazing! Also they team up with SNPLA (click to learn more) for discounted vaccines, the Culver City spot is the first Saturday of every month and we go for all of Cider's boosters and vaccines. 

Check out Adopt & Shop Culver City Yelp: CHECK HERE

FOLLOW CIDER ON INSTAGRAM @cider_cat TO KEEP UP WITH HER CAT SHENANIGANS #meow

No comments:

Post a Comment